Galaxy S8 Game Launcher TutorialSamsung Game Launcher gathers your games downloaded from Play Store and Galaxy Apps into one place for easy access. Now Samsung's push to improve mobile gaming on the Galaxy S8/ S8+.
- Access additional options.
- A list of downloaded games
- Mute and hide all notifications during games.
- Reduce the battery usage for playing games.
- Turn on or off the Game Tools icon.
- View game videos from YouTube or ones you have recorded.
- View a list of the most popular games for Galaxy users.
Using Game Launcher
Insert your Galaxy S8 or S8+ into the Gear VR with Controller for adventures near and far.
- On the Apps screen, tap Settings → Advanced features → Games and tap the Game Launcher switch to activate it.
- Game Launcher will be added to the Home screen and the Apps screen.
- When you deactivate the feature, Game Launcher will be removed from the Home screen and the Apps screen.
- On the Apps screen, tap Game Launcher.
- Tap a game from the games list.
Removing a game from Game Launcher
- Tap and hold a game and drag it to Remove at the top of the screen.
- Activating game power saving mode
- When you activate game power saving mode, the device will lower games’ resolution and frame rate to reduce battery consumption.
- On the Apps screen, tap Game Launcher → Save power during game. Select one of the following options:
- Off: Power saving mode is not used.
- Save power: Decrease battery power consumption by lowering the resolution.
- Save maximum power: Dramatically decrease the battery power consumption by lowering the resolution and frame rate.
- Battery power efficiency may vary by game.
You can set the Game Tools icon to be displayed as a floating icon on game screens.
- On the Apps screen, tap Settings → Advanced features → Games and tap the Game Tools switch to activate it.
- To move the icon, tap and drag it to a new location.
- To hide the icon from the current game screen, tap and hold and drag it to Hide at the top of the screen.
- To show the icon on the game screen again, open the notification panel and tap SHOW on the Game Tools notification.
- Capture screenshots.
- Record your game session.
- Minimise the game screen.
- Lock the Recents and Back keys.
- Access the Game Tools settings.
- Mute notification sounds and display only notifications for incoming calls and emergency alerts.
- Tap → to mute notification sounds and display only notifications for incoming calls and emergency alerts, so that you can enjoy your games without being disturbed.
- If you receive an incoming call, a small notification will appear at the top of the screen.