Samsung Galaxy S8 Active Overview KeysGalaxy S8 Active SM-G892 bring Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 4 x 2.35GHz + 4 x 1.9GHz, Gorilla Glass display, 12.0 MP rear an 8 MP in the front 64GB internal memory upgrade to 256GB with external memory, 4,000mAh non removable Standby time up to 4 days with 4GB RAM.
Also learn some of the key features of your mobile device, including the screens and icons, as well as how to navigate the device and enter text using the keyboard in this tutorials. Chek out our Galaxy S8 Active review.
Galaxy S8 Active Type SM-G892
- Front camera
- Iris detection LED Iris scanner
- Power key
- Volume keys
- Bixby key
- Proximity sensors
- SIM Locations
Devices and software are constantly evolving — the illustrations you see here are for reference only.
Samsung Galaxy S8 Active Sensor
• Proximity sensor
-- Turns off the screen and disables touch functionality when the device is in close proximity to the human body.
-- Turns the screen back on and enables touch functionality when the device is outside a specific range from the human body.
Samsung Galaxy S8 Active Buttons and Keys
• Power key
-- Briefly press to turn the screen on or off.
-- Press and hold to select a power control option.
-- Press twice quickly to launch the camera.
Learn how to charge Galaxy S8 Active before use.
• Volume keys
-- Adjust the volume for ringtones, calls, notifications, and system sounds.
-- In the camera app, press a volume key to take a photo.
• Bixby key
-- Launch the Bixby voice assistant
Samsung Galaxy S8 Active Back View
Samsung Galaxy S8 Active Panel:
- USB charger/Accessory port
- Headset jack
- Fingerprint sensor
- Rear camera
- Heart rate sensor
Devices and software are constantly evolving the illustrations you see here are for reference only. You can read the user manual in another post.
This is the basics for how to navigate through your Galaxy S8 Active.
Please note that a touch screen responds best to a light touch from the pad of your finger or a capacitive stylus.
Using excessive force or a metallic object on the touch screen may damage the tempered glass surface and void the warranty.
Samsung Galaxy S8 Active Tutorial
Lightly tap items to select or launch them.
• Tap the keyboard to enter characters or text.
• Tap an item to select it.
• Tap an app shortcut to launch the application.
Lightly tap items twice to select or launch them.
• Double-tap an image to zoom in or out.
Touch and Hold
Touch and hold items on the screen to activate them.
• Touch and hold a field to display a pop-up menu of options.
Lightly drag your finger vertically or horizontally across the screen.
• Swipe the screen to unlock the device.
• Swipe the screen to scroll through the Home screens or menu options.
Touch and hold an item, and then move it to a new location.
• Drag an app shortcut to add it to a Home screen.
• Drag a widget to place it in a new location on a Home screen.
Pinch and Spread
Pinch the screen using your thumb and forefinger or spread by moving your fingers apart.
• Pinch the screen to zoom out while viewing a picture or a web page.
• Spread your fingers on the screen to zoom in while viewing a picture or a web page.
The device uses basic command options to perform common actions.
- More options: Tap to view more menu options for a screen. This often allows you to select items to delete or share.
- Delete: Tap to select items to delete.
- Share: Tap to select items to share, and then choose a sharing method.
- Edit: Tap to customize the screen.
- On/Off: Tap to turn the option on or off.
- Checkbox: Tap to enable or select. When enabled, a checkmark is displayed. You can often tap a checkbox at the top of the screen to select all.
- Menu: Tap to view available options for the field.
The Navigation bar in Galaxy S8 Active keys and buttons at the bottom of the screen, displays the navigation keys.
In Fullscreen mode, the navigation keys are hidden. You can still use Home when the icon is hidden by touching and holding the area of the screen where the icon is normally displayed.
To enter Fullscreen mode:
- Tap the Hide icon to the left of the navigation keys.
To view the navigation keys again:
- Swipe up from the bottom of the screen to display the Navigation bar.
To exit Fullscreen mode:
- Tap the Show icon to the left of the navigation keysGalaxy S8 Active.